You have seen them before, those divers that glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover, almost as if by thought. They interact gently with aquatic life and affect their surroundings minimally. Getting your buoyancy under control is the one skill that will make your dives in Bali (and anywhere else in the world) so much more fun and relaxing. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course helps you to do just that. It refines the basic skills you learned as a PADI Open Water Diver and elevates them to the next level.
Depth: depending on certification
Duration: 1 day, 2 dives
Who can join: Minimum certification needed: PADI Open Water Diver Certificate (or qualifying certification from another training organization). Minimum age: 10 years old
For the theory part of the Peak Performance Buoyancy course you study the Peak Performance Buoyancy manual and make the knowledge reviews. It is recommended to come by our dive center a day or so before to pick up your manual to prepare. During the course you will watch a DVD and go over the knowledge reviews with your PADI Dive Instructor. The course doesn’t involve a written exam.
You will put the theory into practice in two dives and will learn to fine-tune your buoyancy skills. It will give your dive skills a polish you may not have thought possible.
- How to trim your scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
- Nuances in determining weight so you’re not too light nor too heavy by even a slight degree
- How to streamline to save air and move smoothly through the water
- How to hover effortlessly in both a vertical position and a horizontal position
- Before the start of the course you will review the peak performance buoyancy theory and will view the DVD.
After successfully finishing your course you will receive the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy certificate. This PADI specialty counts towards your Master Scuba Diver Rating and can also count as an adventure dive for your PADI Advanced Open Water course.
- All required PADI course materials
- PADI certification
- All scuba equipment
- PADI Instructor
- Hotel transfers
- Lunch, water, snacks & towels
- Dive Insurance
- Park and Porter fees
Like all our courses, these courses are available in multiple languages. Book your PADI specialty course in Bali now!
Also check out our Specialty Junkie Package