Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course at Joe’s Gone Diving in Bali is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can dive straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills, so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while exploring the great dive sites of Bali under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities.
Depth: max. 30 m.
Duration: 2 days, 5 dives
Who can join: Minimum certification needed: PADI Open Water Diver Certificate (or qualifying certification from another training organization). Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
The course consists of a theory part and a practical part. Before the start of the course, you finish your theory either through eLearning or by reading the Adventures in Diving manual and making the knowledge reviews. If you decide to study here on Bali using the manual, try to come by before the start of your course to pick up a copy to start preparing. There is no DVD or exam involved, so you won’t need to spend any time in the classroom!
For the practical part you’ll perfect your dive skills by completing five adventure dives over 2 days at some of the top dive spots on Bali. We usually do 1 day of diving on the famous USAT Liberty wreck in Tulamben and 1 day of diving on the great dive sites in the Padang Bay area.
Two adventure dives are compulsory: underwater navigation and deep water diving (maximum 30 metres). For the other 3 adventure dives you can choose from a wide range of adventure dives.
You can choose from the following options:
- Wreck Diver - Dive on the famous USAT Liberty wreck from WWII
- Peak Performance Buoyancy - Fine-tune your buoyancy skills
- Underwater Naturalist – Try to spot marine life in this underwater treasure hunt
- AWARE Shark Conservation Diver – Learn more about shark conservation
- Drift Diver – Learn how to deal with currents and drifts
- Search & Recovery – Learn how to search and recover objects
- Fish ID – Learn to identify fish families
- Enriched Air* - Enhance your bottom time and learn to dive with enriched air
Something for everyone!
After the course, you get your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification if you are 15 years or older or the Junior Advanced Open Water Diver certification if you are younger than 15. A certification that is recognized worldwide. Once certified, you will discover a whole new range of diving possibilities.
TIP: Combine your PADI Advanced Open Water Course with the Enriched Air Diver Specialty, and get US$25 discount on your course fee!
Did you know you can already prepare all your dive theory from home with PADI eLearning? This interactive, online program will take you through all the theory, videos and exams at your own pace and time. Your course in Bali will be more relaxed and you won’t have to spend time in the classroom while you are on holiday. Find out more about PADI eLearning and sign up today.
- All required PADI course materials
- Lifetime access to the most up-to-date digital PADI manual in the language of your choice
- PADI Certification Fee
- All scuba equipment
- PADI Instructor
- Hotel transfers
- Lunch, water, snacks & towels
- Dive Insurance
- Park and Porter fees
* The Enriched Air Adventure Dive can best be combined with the complete Enriched Air Specialty to ensure you can dive with nitrox in the future. If you opt for doing the enriched air adventure dive only, you will need to purchase a separate manual. Contact us for more information.
As all of our Bali diving courses, the course is available in multiple languages.
Book your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course on Bali today.
We look forward to seeing you for your Advanced or Adventure Diver course in Bali!