Looking to make a career out of your diving hobby? Your adventure begins with the PADI Divemaster program at Joe’s Gone Diving in Bali. Depending on how much time you have, you can opt for our 1 month Bali Divemaster Internship or our 2-week PADI Divemaster training.
In both cases you will work closely with our experienced PADI Dive Instructors to expand your dive knowledge & skills to a professional level. You will get to explore the great dive sites Bali has to offer and experience first-hand what it will be like to work in a PADI Dive Center as you will work wherever possible with real guests and students.
During the dive training you learn how to supervise dive activities and how to assist PADI Dive Instructors with their courses.
Once you are a certified PADI Divemaster you can guide dives with certified divers, assist with dive courses and independently conduct different PADI programs such as Discover Scuba Diving and Snorkeling, Skin Diver and Scuba Review. Anywhere around the world!
Duration: 14 days to 1 month for an internship
Who can join:
The PADI Divemaster course consists of a mix of dive theory, workshops, stamina tests, practical skills assessments and practical experience. All designed to bring your diving skills to the next level while having lots of fun at the same time. A brief overview of the main elements:
- Dive theory: physics, physiology and dive equipment
- Pool sessions: bringing your dive skills to demonstration level
- Workshops: Discover Scuba Diving, Discover Local Diving, Scuba Review and Skin Diver
- Assisting with courses: PADI Open Water Courses and continued education courses such as the PADI Advanced Open Water course
- Assisting with dives: dive site management, briefings, and guiding dives
- Scenarios: search & recovery and deep
Doing the course at Joe's means you’ll work with multiple, experienced staff and wherever possible with real divers and students. That way you get to experience real-life situations and different teaching styles and decide which one works best for you. At Joe's Gone Diving we give you the opportunity to get as much hands-on experience as possible. That's why, if you like, you will be part of the running of a dive center while you do the course.
Besides various pool sessions to fine-tune your diving skills, your course will take you to a variety of dive sites across Bali as we dive on different dive locations every day. As Bali's dive sites are so diverse, you will get to experience many different dive conditions. Plus make some great dives!
You can already finish the course within 2 weeks or go for a 1 month internship to get more practical experience. With the 1 month internship, you will obviously have more time to enjoy the beautiful reefs of Bali.
TIP: Your dive theory can either be done here on Bali or you can already start preparations at home through eLearning. This last option means you have already covered most of your theory by the time you get to Bali, leaving more time for diving.
- 2-week DM Course: $1500
- 1 Month DM Internship: $1700
- Rental of all scuba equipment
- All dives during the course/internship
- PADI Instructor(s)
- All required PADI manuals and slates
- Transport, lunch & snacks & towels
- Park and Porter fees
- Great deals on dive equipment
- Help with finding accommodation (from US$200 - US$1500 per month). Just let us know your requirements.
- PADI membership fee (directly payable to PADI) - currently AUD 196 (excl. GST)
- Medical check – can be done from home or here on Bali
Book your PADI Divemaster Internship in Bali today!